- better containment than chroots wanted; proot breaks things
- when upgrading a package that changes the soname of a library - dependent
packages are not rebuilt automatically
- recipies fail to add due to deps failing,
: mostly due to failing / incomplete but usable packages
: failing but complete packages returning non-zero exit from build_one!
- luajit depends on libgcc which isn't found when just luajit gets installed
- git doesnt work with qemu (the same binaries worked on actual arm)
: can this be neon instructions?
- if updates have been done in chroot, updates outside seem broken - probably
need to revisit the hard-link updating
- i486 on a 32bit / 64bit host, builds seem to be bit-output repeatable, but
builds are not repeatable between 32bit and 64bit build hosts.
offsets are shifted depending on whether it was generate on 32 or 64bit.
- "gcc varies offset allocations on compiles, so unrepeatable"(http://eid.cool/stage/gcc-unrepeatable-build.png)
- old timestamp makes very verbose unpacking
- make an abstraction that permits switching between proot, bubblewrap, chroot abstractions
- compacting for master rather than slaves, maybe only doing log compacting?
- config: build only from source / fetch binaries only
- config: (auto)compacting the log
- generating -dev packages, containing the .a .h and perhaps more files
- ensure that bootstrapping isthmus from within isthmus is possible
- use IPFS as part of CDN
- auto install curl if needing to fetch from https (which is more and more common)
make package builds use temporary work folder, and install deps as asked,
thus ensuring a clean environment; and getting closer to reproducible
make git checkouts store the hash in place of tarball-hash in build-log
add switches to get build output straight to console,
add switches to keep workfiles around in /tmp/isthmus.$USER
display name of file being fetched before curl/wget progress, and how many files will be processed
this aids usability in constrained-bandwidth and limited resource environs
: this already done for updates and source downloads
depend less on $SUDO in file system building tasks - maybe it is possible to
have all eid activities for managing a system happen without root access?
: use systemd-nspawn, bubblewrap or unshare to contain build without sudo or fakeroot
upgrade to "long term support" kernel
- soft and hard depenencies
- the internal builds are more important than cross builds, packages should
rebuild cleanly from within jail, including core set of gcc/binutils/make
- distcc configuration of debian/arch/redhat hosts
ipfs systemd wayland snabbswitch luvit clang